Monday, October 14, 2013

The Rest of Us

“Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work.”  Chuck Close

Today..Hell this weekend was one of those times that I was not motivated. After sitting around accomplishing nothing, I repeated to myself the quote above from Chuck Close until I did something. Not only did I take a few fall color photos but I did manage to set up a perch for the birds so I can photograph them, or try to take their photos. I plan to get up before sunrise, get all my chores done and hope to shoot off a few frames.

I was listing to the interview of Austin Kleon and the subject on the different process people go through to create. One that got me thinking was Jerry Seinfeld’s process. He gets a calendar for the year and his only job is to make an “X” on each day. The only way he can do that is to write a joke each day.  Like the aforementioned quote, you must work each day on the craft if you going to get somewhere.

So each day I plan to do just that, one thing minimum that pertains to my photography. After pulling myself out of the chair this weekend I got a few photographs done today. Tomorrow will be the birds, and we’ll see what happens after that. Got to get things rolling.





  



No comments:

Post a Comment